Individuals, families, and communities are achieving optimal quality of life assisted by competent, caring professionals whose expertise is continually updated through AAFCS.
To provide leadership and support for professionals whose work assists individuals, families, and communities in making informed decisions about their well-being, relationships, and resources to achieve optimal quality of life.
Our Core Values
• Believe in the family as a fundamental unit of society.
• Embrace diversity and value all people.
• Support life-long learning and diverse scholarship.
• Exemplify integrity and ethical behavior.
• Seek new ideas and initiatives and embrace change.
• Promote an integrative and holistic approach, aligned with the FCS body of knowledge, to support professionals who work with individuals, families, and communities.
Our Bylaws are available here.
The Oregon chapter works to connect all Family and Consumer Science professionals in Oregon. See our contact page for more information and the link to our list-serv. We provide professional development opportunities once a year in Oregon and we encourage all FACS professionals to network and work towards our common goals.
The Oregon Chapter is also setting up a central location for teachers to load lesson plans. Please check back later for more information.
We are excited to announce the 2022 OBEA/ORAFCS Fall Conference!
To Register online using Google Forms: Click HERE
EARLY BIRD Registration through September 23, 2022.
Looking forward to seeing you all in October!
How Does a Pandemic Impact our Food Supply? Join us on Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 10:00AM for a free webinar! More information here. Click here to RSVP!
ORAFCS Teachers: Grant funds are available through ORAFCS to help with materials for your classroom. Click here to apply!
There is a huge demand for Family and Consumer Sciences educators in secondary schools, Extension, and higher education.